Baby Buys – Nappy Changing
I’ve been receiving deliveries almost daily over the past couple of weeks of baby furniture and accessories, along with miscellaneous items for our hospital bags. We now have all the essentials ready for our baby’s arrival! Since coming down with a bad cold last week, I am especially grateful for online shopping to carry on with our purchases from the comfort of my home. There were a few days when I barely had the energy to perform the simplest of tasks, however, I’ve been slowly starting to feel better over the past couple of days and getting all caught up. I’m very excited that we received the Stokke crib and Mima Xari stroller just in time to put those together over the bank holiday weekend! With that, a couple loads of baby laundry and finishing to pack our hospital bags, we will be all ready for our baby’s arrival!
This past weekend, my husband put together the changing table we ordered on Amazon, the Geuther Clarissa table (shown on the bottom part of this webpage), and we’re very happy with how it looks! It is very sturdy and fairly compact (for a changing table – one of the smallest I could find) with plenty of space across three shelves, plus castors so we can move it around the flat if we so desire. I hope to stop by The Holding Company over the long weekend to pick up some baskets for the two lower shelves to store diapers, wet wipes, toiletries, towels, bodysuits etc. Overall, it was a great purchase at just over £80 for a convenient storage unit that we can continue to use when our baby has outgrown it.
Here’s what else we bought for our diaper changing duties!
(1) This thoroughly mobile wooden changing trolley on castors slots in exactly where it’s needed. It has two spacious storage shelves that are fitted with braces on three sides, which prevent items from slipping off the trolley, even when on the move. Made with high quality FSC certified beechwood, to the highest and strictest European Safety Standards. Measurements: W 56 x H 90.5 x L 74.5 cm [Geuther Clarissa Changing Table, £83.31]
(2) This changing mat by bébé-jou is made with high quality elastic PU comfort foam to provide a long-lasting product with additional head and neck support and raised sides that keep your baby safe in the middle. The Oxo-Tek and Toxproof certified cover and ventilated foam are made of environmentally friendly and safe materials, without any harmful substances. [Bébé-jou Changing Mat Bibi and Bobo, RRP £27.50, now £22.80]
(3) Nature Babycare disposable nappies are made with renewable and natural materials, based on GM-free corn, which provide a naturally breathable product that can minimise nappy rash and other irritations, while stretchy front fastening tabs along with the comfortable leg gathering enable your baby to move freely. Nature Babycare nappies are 100 per cent chlorine-free and fragrance-free, and over 60 per cent biodegradable, meaning there is less need for landfill or polluting incineration. [Naty by Nature Babycare, Newborn Size 1, RRP £8.18 - now £5.72 for 52 nappies]
(4) Suitable from birth, WaterWipes are made with 99.9% pure water, 0.1% fruit extract and provide the mild, gentle care required to clean a newborn baby’s delicate skin, with the absolute purity and efficacy of cotton wool and water. With a clean, fresh non-greasy feel, they leave no residue or unwanted chemicals on the skin, and are free of alcohol, perfume, chlorine, formaldehyde, parabens, phenols, phthalates, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS & SLES, lanolin & unnecessary additives. [WaterWipes Super Value Box - Total 540 Wipes, RRP £19.99, now £15.99]
(5) This came highly recommended by a new mom visiting our NCT class! The Organic Pharmacy’s best selling nappy balm is made with soothing and disinfecting oils for areas of dry and sensitive skin. Propolis, marigold and neem protect and soothe, while jojoba and sunflower nourish the skin. You can find Organic Pharmacy shops on Kensington High Street and King’s Road. [The Organic Pharmacy Nappy Balm, £19.96]
(6) Lastly, after reading great reviews, I picked up this nappy bin (which is on sale at Sainsbury’s and over half off on Amazon at only £10) to seal away any germs and dirty nappy odours. The system works by individually wrapping every nappy in an antibacterial, odour-control film that kills 99% of germs on contact. The tub holds up to 28 nappies and each film cassette wraps up to 84 nappies, lasting about a month. [Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal Tub, RRP £24.99, now £10.00]
I’ll be sure to post reviews of these products once we put them to good use! For the next Baby Buys post, I’ll be going through what I’m packing in our hospital bags.